Lemon Pie is a cake formed by a base of broken dough or puff pastry that is filled with lemon cream.
This cake is often complemented with a meringue, resulting in Lemon Pie with meringue.
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 1 package of Maria cookies
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 6 lemons juice
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 lemon juice
- Crush the cookies until they are completely ground. Mix with the previously melted butter until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Spread the mixture in a round mold forming a base. Simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Beat the 3 whole eggs until creamy.
- Add the condensed milk and the juice of the 6 lemons.
- Add this mixture based on cookies. Bring to medium low heat for approximately 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Add the cup of sugar with the juice of a lemon.
- Add the meringue over the foot cream.
- Bake over medium low heat for 10 more minutes. Cool and serve.